GGB Denton Got Sherlocked!
We think you might need to get a clue if you weren’t aware of the return of Sherlock Season 4 this January! It’s a big deal to a lot of us Sherlockians, and we’re all “The Woman” because we belong in the great Sherlock Society, so we decided to celebrate appropriately in a great local pub, The Bearded Monk. We played brainpicking games like Clue, Guess Who, Scrabble, and Scattergories. We had mustachioed pens and clue books, mimosas and brews, streaming BBC’s Sherlock while eating the most delicious tacos, because we are STILL Texans! Thank you to our food truck, El Rudo for providing meat, vegetarian, and vegan tacos! Our super sleuths had some awesome raffle options, like books, movies, and vintage perfume pipes, plus one brunchette, Sherri, donated Sherlock’s Study, a smell from Frost Beard Studio. Our tables were set up for all the ladies to arrive, watch Sherlock, play board games, and eat delicious tacos. Below are our raffle winners and prizes
Your local Brunch Officers living it up, getting Sherlocked! (L-R: Victoria, Taylor, Lora, Seana)
Our Brunchette of the Month winner, Samantha, just back from her whirlwind trip abroad with one of our previous winners, Jenna! She thinks it’s “Elementary” to be a great brunch attendee! Haha
Brunchette of the Month: Sam Sullivan
My name is Samantha Sullivan, known to most as either Sam or Sully. I am from Plano, TX, and graduated from Texas Tech. I worked for Cinemark for 8 years, which helped feed my love of movies. Now I work for Mortgage Contracting Services, where I am an Asset Preservation Coordination. I basically manage properties for banks. My mine geeky love is Harry Potter, which is why I named my pup Remus. I am so thankful for Netflix and GGB for helping expand my geek love to other fandoms.
- What was your first geeky interest? Harry Potter
- What are some of your favorite fandoms? Harry Potter, Star Wars, Sherlock, Hunger Games
- What do you like to do in your free time (hobbies)? I love watching movies, and traveling.
- How did you hear about Geek Girl Brunch Denton? I joined GGB DFW a month or so before and then came across the Denton chapter when looking more into GGB on the website. I was super excited to join the Denton chapter before the first brunch, so I could grow with the chapter.
- What else would you like us to know about you? I main hobby is traveling. I work as hard as I do, so I can travel as much as possible. I just came back from my fourth trip to Europe. It had a huge Harry Potter focus. My best friend Jenna and I celebrated New Years in Paris, watched the Cursed Child play (HIGHLY RECOMMEND), visited the WB Studios, saw House of Minalima and toured Oxford to see some of the Harry Potter filming locations.
Next Month’s brunch: Come as You Geek Galentines!
March’s brunch: Shadowhunters & Mortal Instruments selected by our first win a theme brunch winners- Ivy (who has made artwork in the past for our brunches)